Hotmail has been one of the largest webmails on the Internet. It is also known as one of the oldest webmails on the Internet. It was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith on July 4, 1996. Microsoft later acquired it in 1997. www.Hotmail.co.uk has been growing fast since the day it was founded. Hotmail’s greatest competitor, Google Mail, was launched in 2004. Yahoo and Google Mail were competitors of Hotmail. Hotmail has been surviving on the Internet for 21 years, and it is still one of the leading webmail services on the Internet. The Hotmail name was later changed to Windows Live Hotmail. Hotmail is now known as Outlook.com; now people only get outlook.com email addresses. Still, many people prefer Hotmail’s name over Outlook.com that is why you always get redirected to outlook.com when you search for hotmail.co.uk. Microsoft is even using the name Hotmail in many of its web products.
More about Hotmail UK | www.Hotmail.co.uk
You get features like Calendar, Ajax, One Drive, Contact Management, Office Offline, Skype, and Unlimited Storage. According to a report, Hotmail had 400 million users in 2015. Hotmail storage capacity used to be 2MB when it was launched. Hotmail gained popularity fast, and by 1997 it had 8.5 million subscribers.
Hotmail became the world’s largest web email service with more than 30 million active users in February 1999. Hotmail upgraded its services after the launch of the web email giant, Google. Hotmail is still considered as one of the safest ways to communicate through web email. Cloud Storage One Drive offers 5GB of Cloud Space for every free user. It used to provide 15GB of space, but later Microsoft decided to reduce it. One Drive is a secure cloud with fast uploading of data.
It is one of the biggest web email services in the United Kingdom. Google Mail and Hotmail are popular in the United Kingdom. Today, we will see how you can sign up and log in to the www.Hotmail.co.uk. Follow the procedure below for Signup and Login on the Hotmail.
Sign up on www.Hotmail.co.uk from PC
Follow the steps below to create an account on Hotmail from your PC:
- Open any web browser on your PC. We recommend using the latest version of Internet Explorer as it works best.
- Update your Internet Explorer browser if you are using an old one.
- Type “Hotmail.co.uk” in the search box of the Internet Explorer browser and hit Enter.
- Now, the Hotmail web page will open. Search for the Signup button at the top left of the web page.
- Click on the “Sign up” option and a new page will pop up on your screen. Fill in all your personal details like your name, username, birth date, and mobile number. Select the Hotmail email address.
- After filling all the required fields on the web page, click on the “I accept the Terms & Conditions” option.
- Click on Sign Up to finish creating the account.
- A one time password will be sent to your mobile number (the one you provided) to verify your identity.
- Your Hotmail account will be successfully created.
Many people don’t have access to a PC. We will tell you another way to signup and login to the Hotmail. Follow the steps below to register yourself on the Hotmail from your smartphone.
Sign up to www.Hotmail.co.uk from Smartphone
If you are using an iOS device then we recommend that you use Safari. For Android smartphones, you can use Mozilla Firefox, as it works best for the method. You can use any other web browser too. Follow the steps below to register yourself on the Hotmail from your Smartphone.
- Open a web browser on your Smartphone device and type “Hotmail.co.uk” in the search box of the browser and then hit Enter.
- Now, you will see a “SignUp” button on the top left of the web page.
- Now, fill in all your personal details in the required box.
- Click on Accept terms & condition and then click on Sign up.
- A one time password will be sent to your mobile number (the one you provided to Hotmail).
- Enter the One time password and click enter.
- Your Hotmail account will be successfully created on your smartphone device.
- Make sure to choose Hotmail.co.uk in the username field.
If you don’t see it, you can use the “Switch to desktop version” feature on your browser and follow all the steps of creating a Hotmail account on your PC.
Log in to Hotmail UK from PC & Smartphone
The process to log in to the www.Hotmail.co.uk is quite the same in the PC as well as smartphones. You can follow the procedure below on any of your devices to log in to the Hotmail. We will recommend using a decent web browser to login to Hotmail Smartphone. We urge you to use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Microsoft Edge for logging into the Hotmail.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to the URL box of the web browser and type in “https://www.hotmail.co.uk” and hit enter. You can also copy and paste this link in your browser’s URL box.
- Now, you will be redirected to the sign on the page of Hotmail.
- Enter your Hotmail User ID or Email id in the required box and click on next.
- Now, enter your password in the required field and tap on the sign in.
You will be successfully logged into your Hotmail account. Enjoy the email web service of the Hotmail on your device.